If you’re anything like me, you are a busy person! Juggling life can be challenging enough, and now you’re telling me I need to cook a good, nutrition, hearty, hot meal after a long day at work…
Well, I decided crockpot/slow cooker meals were going to be my thing come winter. So here I am, it’s dark when I wake up and go to the gym and it’s dark when I get home from work, so crockpot season has begun! Below you will find a recipe for slow cooker Beef Roast that I have pieced together from other recipes I have tried in the past (mostly from all recipes that’s my go to), and I have found that this mix creates perfection as far as roasts go. Enjoy! =)
- 4 potatoes (medium sized) cut into large chunks
- 1 cup baby carrots
- 2 stocks of celery cut up into small pieces
- 1/2 a red onion, sliced into large pieces
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 – 4 lb chuck roast
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried parsley
- 1/8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon peppercorn (I use a peppercorn grinder so it may be a little less or a little more)
- pinch of salt
- 1 package onion soup mix (I use Lipton’s)
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 can of condensed beefy mushroom soup
Mix potatoes, carrots, celery, onion slices and garlic together in the bottom of the pot. Then, set the roast on top of the veggies and pour your beef broth over the meat and veggies. Next, evenly add your, peppercorn, salt, basil and Onion Soup mix over the meat. Finally, pour Worcestershire sauce over the beef and spread the can of condensed beefy mushroom soup over the meat (this helps seal in the moisture). Close the lid, or put the lid on (depending on your type of slow cooker) and cook on low for 8-10 hours (mine usually goes for 9 hours as that’s how long I’m gone for work and it’s perfect).
How did it turn out?!
What’s your favorite crockpot meal?!
I would love to hear from you, please leave your comments below!