Its March and you know what that means… St. Patrick’s Day! So get some green beer and eat delicious corned beef! I received this recipe from my mom who said “this is your grandmother’s recipe,” so I figured since I’ve been eating it every St. Patrick’s day my whole life I should try and make it myself. Surely I couldn’t be selfish, so now I’m sharing it with the world! I hope you enjoy your corned beef as much as I do.
- 1- 2 lb Corned beef (I got mine from Costco, because well I’m obsessed with shopping there)
- 3 cups of potatoes cut into 1/4s (I use small red ones, but any potato will do)
- 2 cups of mini carrots
- 1 head of yellow cabbage (cut into wedges)
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 8 oz can of beer (I use Guinness)
- 1/2 cup of sprite or ginger ale
- 3 cups of beef broth (I use reduced sodium)
- buns (I like the small slider buns)
Layer the bottom of your slow-cooker with some of the veggies. Place your corned beef on top and put the rest of the veggies around the beef. Sprinkle the corned beef seasoning packet on top then pour your liquids over everything. The beef should be covered by the liquid (this will make it tender). Place slow cooker on desired time for the results you want – 4 hours if you want tender slices – 6 hours if you want it to fall apart like butter. While traditionally you can eat this as a dish, but I cook mine for 6 and then make little sliders with the meat and have the veggies as my side.
As always, thanks for reading!